3D CFD SIMULATION FOR THE ANALYSIS OF REAL-SCALE HYDRAULIC ENGINEERING PROJECTS (MINING, WATER AND ENVIRONMENTAL INFRASTRUCTURE).
WHY HIRE CFD SERVICE?
Test your project under extreme conditions without a physical prototype.
Unveil the problems of intuition.
Modify a virtual prototype (faster and cheaper than a real prototype).
Get to the best configuration faster.
AVOID THE COSTS OF INEFFICIENCY IN THE DESIGN PROCESS AND DURING OPERATION.
- Compliance with regulations;
- Efficiency in design and planning;
- Safety in construction and operation;
- Calibration of 1D and 2D engineering models.
In structures of…
- Spillways | Tainter Gates | Penstocks | Energy Dissipators | Stilling Basins
- Energy Dissipators
- Blocks | End Sills | Gabions | Reno Mattress | Vegetation
- Locks and River Hydraulics
- Divertion | Restoration | Splitters | Pipes | Fish Passages | Bridges | Waterways
- Municipal Hydraulics
- Culverts | Sewers | Wet Tunnels | Drop Structures | Pump Stations
- Coastal and Offshore
- Harbors | Ships | Plaftorms | Wind Turbines | Buoys | Breakwaters | Floating Docks
Identifying potential problems of…
- Waterflow containment (overflow);
- Jet takeoff;
- Erosion due to cavitation;
- Performance of energy dissipators;
- Recirculations with accumulation of solids.
Visualization of the mean water elevation on the thalweg next to the stilling basin of a dam spillway during the MPF (Maximum Probable Flood), including the resistance of gabions, reno mattress and vegetation:
Evaluating the consequences of…
- Dam breach;
- Rain floods;
- River floods.
- Free surface height variation;
- Reservoir stage for a given discharge (peak floods including MPF – Maximum Probable Flood);
- Discharge for a given reservoir stage;
- Flow velocities;
- Pressure and shear stress on the stream bed and on the containment surfaces;
- Aeration (air entrainment);
- Rating curve;
- Hydraulic jumps;
- Reflexive water shock waves;
- Wave runup and wave load on structures;
- Body movement due to interaction with waves.
Visualization of the maximum water velocities, the shear stress on the stream bed and the mean free surface of water at the entrance of the approach channel of a dam spillway during the MPF (Maximum Probable Flood):
WHY HIRE CFD SERVICE?
- For isolated projects;
- For significantly complex problems;
- When the in-house engineering team doesn’t have the time to learn CFD concepts and software handling, opposed to the in-depth knowledge of the engineering consultant, which is able to intuitively assess the accuracy of simulation results, spot potential errors and deliver reliable diagnostics.
- A fresh look at the design can lead to new insights unexpected by the in-house engineering team;
- Take your product design and validation process to the next level.
The greatest value of any company lies at the relationship of trust built with its customers. The security and confidentiality of any exchanged information will always be essential, from the very first contact.
Receive a preliminary quote within 48 hours.